Vegan Friendly is concerned with protecting the privacy of any personal information that you may choose to provide to us (The “Personal Data”). Vegan Friendly will attempt to ensure that the use of your Personal Data is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”). Accordingly, Vegan Friendly issues this policy to inform you of our use of your Personal Data.
Vegan Friendly is committed to providing a safe, responsible and secure environment.
- This website www.vegan-friendly.co.uk is operated by Vegan Friendly (R.A) of Shimon Hatarsi 49, Tel Aviv is registered with Registrar of associations, with registration number 580563336.
- “You” means the visitor of this website who is using the Vegan Friendly’s services.
- “Personal Data” means information that specifically identifies an individual or that is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
- “Data Subject” means the person whom the Personal Data belongs to.
- “Visitor” means an individual other than a registered user, who uses the public area, but has no access to the restricted areas of the website or the service provided by Vegan Friendly to registered users.
- Principles on Which this Policy is Based
- The processing of Personal Data shall take place in a lawful, fair and transparent way.
- The collecting of Personal Data shall only be performed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- The collecting of Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they are processed.
- The Personal Data shall be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date.
- Every reasonable step shall be taken to ensure that Personal Data that is inaccurate having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, is erased or rectified without delay.
- Personal Data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of the data subject for no longer than it is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed.
- All Personal Data shall be kept confidential and stored in a manner that ensures appropriate security.
- Personal data shall not be shared with third parties except when necessary in order for them to provide services upon agreement.
- Data subjects shall have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing, or to object to processing as well as the right of data portability.
- The Information We Collect
- As part of providing You with the services, we collect your Personal Data on registering an account.
- We may collect, store and use information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which You access the Website and your visits to and use of the Website (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, Internet Service Provider, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, website navigation and search terms that you use.
- If You choose to subscribe to our service, You will be required to enter your email address, first name, last name and phone number.
- You may be given opportunities to provide us with other information from time to time.
- When You contact us by email or telephone or through any contact form provided on the Website, we may ask You to provide some or all of the following information:
- your name; and
- your address; and
- your email address; and
- your phone number.
- Not all the Personal Data we hold about You will come always directly from You. We may also collect information from third parties such as our partners, service providers and publicly available websites (i.e social media platforms), to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, offer Services we think may be of interest, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the services. The third parties aforementioned may include:
- Service providers and specialist advisers who have been contracted to provide us with services such as administrative, IT, analytics and online marketing optimization, financial, compliance, insurance, research or other services;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Websites or our Apps;
- Affiliates with whom we have a mutual relationship;
- Payment service providers and banks processing customer transactions;
- Auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes;
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies where required by law and in response to other legal requests;
- To protect the rights, property, integrity or security of our services, our customers or others, this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- How Vegan Friendly Uses Your Personal Data
- We will process your Personal Data in accordance with the GDPR and for the purpose of providing You with the services. We will process your Personal Data to enable us to:
- Administering your registration and/or membership and other customer accounts records;
- To provide our services to You;
- Dealing with your inquiries and requests, including contacting You where necessary;
- Notifying You about important changes or developments to our Websites, our Apps or to our products or services (e.g. changes of features or enhancements);
- Providing and personalizing our services, enhancing customer experience and tailoring our services to You;
- Providing You access to all parts or features of our Websites, our Apps or our services;
- To provide You with transaction and post-transaction-related services;
- Market research, analysis and creating statistics;
- To send You newsletters and other relevant and targeted promotional communications, competitions and sponsored events;
- Preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforcing our Terms and Conditions of the service;
- To enhance the security controls of the Vegan Friendly’s networks and systems;
- to assist third party companies with providing their services to you;
- To manage and administer our services;
- To send You newsletters and other relevant and targeted promotional communications;
- To notify You of changes we have made or plan to make to the Website and /or Marketplace;
- to send you emails as necessary;
- To request feedback from You on any transaction processed by You using our platform;
- To deal with enquiries, complaints and feedback from You and our service providers;
- To provide third parties with statistical anonymized information about our users;
- To analyze and improve the services offered on the Website.
- If at any time You wish us to stop processing your Personal Data for the above purposes, then You must contact us and we will take the appropriate steps to stop doing so. Please note that this may mean that your account with Vegan Friendly will be closed. You may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
- To ensure a good quality of service we may monitor and record any communication You have with us whether in writing or by electronic mail (the “Recordings”) or any inbound and outbound calls done by any member of the Vegan Friendly. Any Recordings are and will remain the property of Vegan Friendly and will be used only for the purposes listed above.
- In the event that the purposes for processing change, we will notify You as soon as practicable and seek any additional consent that may be required.
- Disclosing Your Personal Data
- Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose the Personal Data that we collect or store on the Service to third parties without your prior explicit consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Except to the extent required by any applicable law or governmental or judicial body, we will only disclose such of your Personal Data to our third party companies as is required for us or them to perform our or their services to You.
- We will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that any companies to whom we disclose your Personal Data is compliant with the GDPR (or an equivalent standard) as regards its use and storage of your Personal Data.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Data and transaction data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If substantially all of the assets of Vegan Friendly are acquired by a third party, personal data and transaction data held by it about its customers will be included in the transferred assets.
- We will disclose your Personal Data if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data and transaction data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Vegan Friendly, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Data Subject Rights
- We respect your privacy rights and provide You with reasonable access to the Personal Data that You may have provided through your use of Vegan Friendly services. Your principal rights under the GDPR are as follows:
- the right for information;
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure; the right to be forgotten;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
- If You wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about You, or to request that we delete any information about You, You may contact us by sending an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We will acknowledge your request within seventy-two (72) hours and handle it promptly. Vegan Friendly will respond to these requests within a month, with a possibility to extend this period for particularly complex requests in accordance with Applicable Law. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide You services, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by accessing your account. Please note that while any changes You make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information You submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide You some or all of the features and functionality of the service.
- You may, at any time, object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- In accordance with Applicable Law, we reserve the right to withhold Personal Data if disclosing it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- We may also use automated decision making in order to fulfill obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform You of any such processing.
- Advertising and Use of Non Personally Identifiable Data
- In order to improve our Website and the services we offer You, we use (temporary and persistent) authorized third parties cookies, web beacons and/or other technologies to collect non-personally identifiable data. This non-personally identifiable data helps us to track browsing behavior, to create specific or tailor-made offers or advertisements, and to monitor and record the visits and use of the Website.
- In order to understand how people use our website and for marketing analysis and quality improvement purposes, we (and/or third party service providers on our behalf) may collect, record, process and use on an anonymous basis certain information (including the total number of transactions, viewed web pages, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp information and details like the number and location of mouse clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the search words You use while being on and using the Website.
- You further agree to use the Website and our services only for lawful purposes.
- Minors and Children’s Privacy
- Protecting the privacy of minors is especially important. Our service is not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If You are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Data has been collected on the service from persons under 18 years of age, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If You are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has obtained an Account on the services, then You may alert us at [email@example.com] and request that we delete your child’s Personal Data from our systems.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your information. Vegan Friendly has taken steps to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of systems and services processing Personal Data, and will restore the availability and access to information in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
- We have taken the necessary steps to protect your Personal Data as much as possible in transit by utilizing HTTPS on our Website and TLS 1.2 (a strong protocol), ECDHE_RSA with P-256 (a strong key exchange), and AES_128_GCM (a strong cipher). We use layered security architecture to keep all our services from unauthorized access.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information You transmit to us or store on the service, and You do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards. If You believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through our Website.
- We transmit Personal Data using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which encrypts information You input. Further, to the extent that we collect any credit card or bank account information from You, we will only reveal the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose Personal Data to You.
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Where You have chosen a password which enables You to access certain parts of our Website, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share a password with anyone. You are solely responsible for safeguarding your password and not sharing with unauthorized parties.
- Vegan Friendly cannot control the actions of other users with whom You may choose to share your information.
- We cannot and do not guarantee that information You post on or transmit to the service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform You of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
- International Transfers and Data Retention
- Personal Data may be retained by us for as long as such retention is required for us to comply with the applicable laws.
- Personal Data will be retained by the Company in such a way that the Data Subject can be identified only as long as is necessary for the Company’s processing activities (the “Processing Date”).
- Where Personal Data is retained beyond the Processing Date, it will be archived and given an appropriate pseudonym (as is reasonably feasible) in order to protect the identity of the Data Subject.
- The Company may store Personal Data for longer periods if the Personal Data will be processed solely for archiving purposes which are in the public interest or for statistical purposes, subject to the implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the Data Subjects.
- Contacting Us
- For full details about the Vegan Friendly and where we operate please contact us at:
- Data Protection Officer
- Vegan Friendly has appointed a Data Protection Officer (the “DPO”) who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. Vegan Friendly’s DPO can be reached at: Ofek@vegan-friendly.com
An analytics platform that is used to measure response to TV advertising.
Traffic source / campaign data
Store which advertising campaign drove a user to visit
Tie back conversion events to earlier visits
Device ID (generated)
Uniquely identify a device
LAST UPDATED MAY 10TH, 2020.